Originally built for Charles Heaphy's wife in the late 1800s, this substantial character home is situated in sought after Thorndon and has been configured as two generous flats for many years. The period character features are still intact, including the internal staircase, meaning there is the possibility to easily convert back into a large family home in the future.
The landscaped back yard is easy care, beautifully fragrant (including roses, daphne, winter sweet, wisteria etc) and receives wonderful sun. Our vendor originally bought this as her home (with income) in 1993, then retained it for many years as an investment, always enjoying excellent demand from good quality tenants.
- DOWNSTAIRS: Spacious, nicely renovated 2-bedroom 1-bathroom flat with gracious separate lounge, modern kitchen & bathroom, french doors leading to the sunny back yard. Current rent $450pw, appraised rent $650-680pw.
- UPSTAIRS: Spacious 3-bedroom 1-bathroom flat, with large separate lounge. This flat is very tidy and fitted out simply. It would respond wonderfully to further cosmetic renovation. Current rent $560pw, appraised rent $730-750pw.
- Total appraised rent therefore $1,380-1,450pw
- Very sunny and sheltered back yard
- Both flats recently painted inside and out
- Insulated with heat pumps in both flats
- Very well maintained all round
- Substantial 210sqm* property on 345sqm* section
- 2015 RV $720,000
- Rates $4,197.15pa
- Full info pack available once you have viewed the property
Whether you retain this property as an investment, live in one and rent the other, or reconfigure back into a large and gracious family home, you can't go wrong with this high growth, high demand location.
Our vendor has enjoyed this property for 25 years, but she is now out of town so it is surplus to requirements. The next owner will probably want to keep it for the next 25 years too. Come along on Sunday and see if it's going to be you!
(*Source: Property Guru)