Lowe & Co COVID-19 Protection Framework Guidelines
Lowe & Co is committed to promoting a safe and healthy environment for its people, clients, buyers, and the wider community by taking steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. These guidelines have been developed in accordance with official advice from the REA and the government, which can be viewed here: https://www.rea.govt.nz/news/covid-19/
Lowe & Co's listings will operate in accordance with vendors' instructions, provided these instructions comply with the requirements of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. At all levels we will:
- display QR code posters and have an alternative method of recording details of people who enter our client’s properties;
- require face coverings where the traffic light settling requires this, otherwise we will strongly encourage their use; and
- comply with capacity limits for the defined space or premises.
Under the COVID-19 Protection Framework, open homes and auctions are considered either 'gatherings' or ‘events’ and will be subject to certain restrictions depending on the current 'traffic light' setting and whether or not the My Vaccine Pass system is being used. By way of example, auctions in our office are considered ‘events’ while an auction at a residential property is considered a ‘gathering’. For more information on the different restrictions that may apply to open homes and auctions, please refer to the REA’s advice linked above.
Some properties marketed by Lowe & Co will operate under the My Vaccine Pass system. To attend open homes and auctions for these properties, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and present and scan your My Vaccine Pass on arrival. Where My Vaccine Pass is in use we will check all My Vaccine Passes for people who wish to enter the property. Where a Vaccine Pass is not presented when requested, we will not be in a position to allow that person or persons into the property but may arrange an alternative remote process for these people to engage in the sales process.
Where properties marketed by Lowe & Co are not using My Vaccine Pass, restrictions will apply to our activities, particularly in the red and orange traffic light settings. Open homes and auctions for these properties may be attended by both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals and as such, strict Health and Safety protocols will be followed. Where the My Vaccine Pass is not being used and vaccinated and non-vaccinated people may be in attendance we will:
- advise all in attendance that there may be a mix of vaccinated/non vaccinated people in attendance;
- communicate social distancing and mask wearing requirements;
- ensure, where possible, there is no mingling of these groups;
- ensure the property is well ventilated; and
- sanitise touch surfaces such as door handles, benches before and after the open home.
All Lowe & Co listings will state whether or not the My Vaccine Pass system is being used. If you are unsure about the COVID-19 protocols in place at a property, please contact the listing agent.
If you would like to know whether the occupants of a listed property are vaccinated, Lowe & Co will take reasonable steps to confirm this with you. However, due to Lowe & Co’s obligations under the Privacy Act 2020, we may not be able to provide you with this information. Where we are unable to provide this information, anyone attending the property should proceed on the basis the occupants are not vaccinated.
When attending any open home, auction or private viewing, please follow standard COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, including:
- Scanning or signing in on arrival;
- Requiring and/or encouraging the wearing of a face covering, subject to the traffic light setting;
- Using sanitiser provided;
- Maintaining appropriate 1 – 2 metre physical distancing from others;
- Avoiding unnecessary touching of objects and surfaces;
- Remaining at home if you are unwell or a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case; and
- Following any other specific health and safety advice Lowe & Co may provide.
Lowe & Co will continue to review these Guidelines against the latest advice from the Ministry of Health and REA.
If you have any questions about these Guidelines, please contact our office at email@example.com.