It is becoming increasingly rare to find a site on Oriental Parade that could appeal equally to astute home buyers and developers - but at last, we've found one! Located at the popular city end of Oriental Parade, the original house at #108 was built at the turn of the century, therefore the beautiful wide floorboards and high stud height remain and act as an exciting canvas from which to renovate, potentially add a level, and create a spectacular home. Developers might be more interested in the ability to start from scratch, with up to 100% site coverage and a 19 metre height restriction (above mean sea level. Source: Planning Department WCC) providing an exciting platform for a multi level apartment building.
Currently, the property offers:
- Three double bedrooms - two upstairs, one downstairs
- Large living area with lovely outlook towards Port Nicholson Yacht Club, Freyberg and Harbour
- One bathroom and separate laundry
- Kitchen at rear of house leading out to small outdoor space
- Space below house that has been used for commercial purposes previously, and is likely to have once been a single garage
- Porch at front of house with front row seats to watch the bustling OBay activity and world class views outside
Opportunities such as this are incredibly rare along Wellington's premium waterfront address. The potential to create a landmark home or spectacular development is undeniable. Don't let this one pass you by!