Is this Mount Cook's best-kept secret? Laid out over two wings - the main house, a largely original 1906 villa consists of four bedrooms, a study & a bathroom. The other wing consists of one bedroom, its own kitchen, a bathroom and a life-filled living area. Situated in a lovely leafy setting set back from an iconic character street and just a short stroll from the town belt and downtown, it offers a myriad of possibilities in one of Wellington's most sought-after inner suburbs. Features include:
- This property is perfect for an extended family or friends wanting to pool their money and have ample space for everyone.
- The main house is a vintage four-bedroom villa filled with an abundance of original character, from bullnose veranda, bay window and exposed floorboards to high native timber ceilings and a classic staircase with margin light window
- Stunning stained leadlight surround that was commissioned for the front door in 1980, creating a unique entrance that featured in a book about stained glass
- The second wing is a lovely sunny one-bedroom flat with open-plan living/dining and city views
- Northwest-facing for sunny outdoor living amid natives and lawn, complete with a separate studio/office plus shed for extra storage
- Located in a tightly-held street near Prince of Wales Park and the Southern Walkway, with Massey University campus just down the road, and high schools, hospitals, Cuba Street, the waterfront and CBD all within walking distance
For sale for the first time in 45 years, this is an incredible opportunity that combines the best of both worlds - traditional and modern - with so many options for anyone with energy, vision and flair. Don't miss Sunday's viewing.