Sequestered amid serenity, greenery and birdsong, this vintage cottage must be the ultimate best-kept-secret in Wellington real estate. One of just three houses in a pedestrian-only street, it offers an exceptionally peaceful and picturesque lifestyle immersed in Mother Nature on the doorstep of iconic villages and the cusp of the CBD. Features include:
- Flexibility of three double-bedrooms and an office that could be a fourth bedroom if you don't need to work from home in sublime seclusion
- Historic legacy, having been built in 1904 as the manager's cottage for the land-mark Taiteville farm house that's across the street
- Original features but modernised where it counts, with new piles, drains and sewer pipes, heat pump and SmartVent system to eliminate condensation
- Two amazingly sheltered courtyard cottage gardens from where to soak up the sun, birdsong and stunning views over bush reserve and Aro Valley
- Walk-up access from Norway Street, where there's ample free parking plus bonus of walk-down from Raroa Road bus route
- Handy to the CBD and Victoria University, and just a few minutes- walk from Aro and Kelburn villages, with their boutique shops and eateries, and Polhill Re-serve's renowned walking and biking trails
The UK-bound vendors are selling reluctantly, so this is your chance to acquire a slice of Aro Valley history and enjoy a unique hideaway in the heart of the capital. Don't miss Sunday's viewing.
Deadline Sale (unless sold prior) closes 12pm, Thursday 7th December 2023 at 8 Kent Terrace, Wellington
Access: You can walk down from Raroa Road or walk up from Norway Street.